Based in London, England
15 September, 2016 (Steam Edition)
Lead the siege with powerful spells, mythical beasts and legendary hero units in Stronghold Legends: Steam Edition! This remastered version of the game takes the beloved castle building series and plunges it into myth and legend with three unique factions. Play as King Arthur and command his Knights of the Round Table, ally with Vlad the Impaler or relive the heroic saga of the mighty Siegfried of Germany. With 24 story missions and new Steam-exclusive content, Stronghold Legends: Steam Edition is the definitive version of this unique fantasy RTS. The Steam Edition is a free update for existing Steam owners and comes with Steam multiplayer, Workshop support, achievements, exclusive maps, a digital art book, trading cards and all DLC campaigns.
Following the successful release of their first 3D title in the form of Stronghold 2, Firefly Studios decided to take the franchise in a completely new direction. A mythical castle builder recounting the fables of King Arthur, Vlad the Impaler and Siegfried of Xanten, Stronghold Legends was originally released on PC in 2006. With three unique factions, special units and abilities, Legends was a thematic departure for a series previously rooted in realism. While Stronghold 2 focused on deep economic ‘sim’ gameplay, Legends introduced fantasy elements and new combat mechanics. Instead of holding banquets players were invited to catapult werewolves over castle walls, incinerate troops with dragon fire and command mighty ice giants. In terms of design press generally agreed that the new attacking focus, units and siege equipment took the series in a fun new direction. PC Zone scored the game 7.8/10 and VideoGamer gave it a 7/10, describing Legends as a “thoroughly enjoyable game with a deliciously retro feel”. It would go on to become a cult favourite among Stronghold fans due to its tight RTS gameplay.
- Remastered for Steam - Steam multiplayer, Workshop support, achievements, new maps, a digital art book, trading cards and DLC campaigns.
- Become Legendary Heroes - Unique fantasy setting with campaigns following the exploits of King Arthur, Siegfried and Vlad Dracula.
- Command Mythical Beasts - Three playable factions with access to frost giants, creepers, werewolves and more!
- Cast Powerful Spells - Hero units ranging from the wizard Merlin to fire breathing dragons and Knights of the Round Table.
- Battle AI Lords - Skirmish multiplayer against computer-controlled opponents and human players.
- Besiege Players Online - Deathmatch, King of the Hill, Economic War and Capture the Flag game modes.
Stronghold Legends: Steam Edition Trailer - EnglishYouTube
Stronghold Legends: Steam Edition Arthur GameplayYouTube
Stronghold Legends: Steam Edition Vlad GameplayYouTube
Stronghold Legends: Steam Edition Trailer - DeutschYouTube
Logo & Icon
- "More units to build as well as new traps and siege equipment"
- Staff Writer, The Times
- "The switch to an attack focus is a very good thing."
- Staff Writer, PC Zone
- "A thoroughly enjoyable game with a deliciously retro feel."
- Joe Martin, VideoGamer
- "The campaigns are vast and varied, with interesting stories to hold you attention."
- Staff Writer, AceGamez
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
The original launch post and more information can be found here fireflyworlds.com.
About Firefly Studios
Firefly Studios is an independent video game studio consisting of around 30 full and part-time staff, specialising in strategy games since 1999.
More information on Firefly Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Stronghold Legends Credits
Founder and Lead Designer, Firefly Studios
Founder and Company President, Firefly Studios
Senior Producer, Firefly Studios