Based in London, England
Stronghold Crusader 2 is the long awaited sequel to Stronghold Crusader, a game many consider to be the definitive castle sim. After 12 years Firefly are returning to the desert to make the game they have always wanted to make, recapturing the original Crusader’s addictive, fast-paced gameplay in a new 3D engine. “Ready when it’s ready”, Crusader 2 will define old school real time strategy with fiendish AI characters, fast-paced skirmish gameplay and new troops, traps and castles.
When it was first released in 2002 Stronghold Crusader put a unique twist on the gameplay of the original Stronghold by focussing on skirmish gameplay and replayability above all else. With a new setting, additional content and a greater focus on real-time strategy over the sim gameplay elements of the original Stronghold, Crusader quickly became the fan-favourite. Since launch Crusader has sold over two million copies, with over 3000 user-made maps still in circulation on one Stronghold fansite and fans still playing the game today. Recently Stronghold Crusader HD gave the game a new lease of life, offered as a free update for existing owners of the game and made available for purchase on GOG and Steam. Crusader 2 has been on the mind of Lead Designer Simon Bradbury since the release of Stronghold Crusader in 2002. It is only now, having become a fully independent studio, that Firefly feel comfortable delivering a worthy sequel to their fans’ favourite game. As a developer their mission is to recapture the addictive, intense gameplay that made the original Crusader a classic. Players can also expect new visuals, a reworked battle interface, new AI characters, environmental threats, new units and real-time physics.
- Old School Gameplay – Classic 2D-style RTS gameplay recreated in 3D.
- In-Game Events – Sandstorms, Locust Swarms, Earthquakes and more!
- Unit Abilities – Use active and passive skills to dominate your foes.
- AI Opponents – Classic Crusader characters return alongside new blood.
- Co-Op Mode – Share control over castle building, troop control and resource management with asynchronous gameplay.
- Full Steam Integration – Map editor, achievements, trading cards, cloud saves and Steam Workshop support.
Rezzed 2014 TrailerYouTube
Gamescom 2013 TrailerYouTube
Community Q and A Part 7YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Firefly Studios are aiming to rediscover the spark that makes people go glassy eyed and start telling you about their crenelations."
- Craig Pearson, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "Stronghold Crusader 2 is a technically polished and slightly enhanced Stronghold Crusader that traditional castle lords can look forward to."
- Michael Graf, GameStar
- "A deserving follow up to the ledgendary Stronghold Crusader."
- Thomas Mangot, Gamekult
- "One of the most interesting ideas is the ability to command a castle in co-op mode, sharing management and military."
- Claudio Chianese, IGN Italia
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Available for free from soundcloud.com.
About Firefly Studios
Firefly Studios is an independent video game studio consisting of around 20 developers and specialising in strategy games since 1999.
More information on Firefly Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Stronghold Crusader 2 Credits
Lead Designer, Firefly Studios
Company President, Firefly Studios
Senior Producer, Firefly Studios