Based in London, England
30 April, 2015 (Steam Edition)
Created exclusively for Steam, this remastered version of Space Colony features a brand new campaign, Steam Workshop support, achievements, trading cards and Steam Cloud for saved games. Space Colony: Steam Edition is the definitive version of the sci-fi base builder for fans of the original, the builder genre and the Stronghold series, with which it shares DNA in both gameplay and an irreverent sense of humour. Space Colony is the cult classic sci-fi base builder from Firefly Studios, creators of the Stronghold series. As a commander of military and commercial installations on Earth, Blackwater Industries wants to see how you handle the rest of the galaxy. In Space Colony both your career and life are in the hands of an unruly crew, all looking to escape life back on Earth. Choosing from more than 100 different buildings, it’s up to you to design and build a colony that meets the needs of your crew keeping them safe, happy and alive. Half way across the galaxy with limited resources, a mega corporation looking over your shoulder and a ragtag crew expecting a paycheck, it's up to you to survive and turn a profit.
Having released two castle sim classics, Firefly decided to try something completely different. A futuristic base builder taking players across a wide range of exotic planets, Space Colony was released in 2003 on PC and Mac. With a unique cast of characters built on the personalities and humour that fans have come to expect from a Firefly game, Space Colony introduced a number of new social gameplay mechanics and character interaction to the base builder genre. Space Colony received a warm critical reception at launch, receiving an 8/10 from PC Gamer and a 4/5 from G4 TV. It would go on to become a cult favourite among fans.
- Remastered for Steam - New single-player campaign, Achievements, Trading Cards, Steam Workshop and Steam Cloud support.
- Construct a Colony - Design a base for cosmic warfare or interplanetary tourism with military and civilian campaigns.
- Defend Your Crew - Protect your colonists from alien life forms with Hovermines, laser turrets and the fearsome Dogbot.
- Train Specialists - Select your crew from a cast of 20 unique characters and train them in cybernetics, mining, lasers and more.
- Explore the Planet - Increase your wealth and standing with Blackwater Industries by mining minerals and expanding your colony with over 100 different structures.
- HD Upgrade - High resolution graphics allow you to view your entire colony on a single screen.
Space Colony: Steam Edition TrailerYouTube
Bande Annonce Space Colony: Edition Steam - FrançaisYouTube
Trailer di Space Colony: Steam Edition - ItalianoYouTube
Space Colony: Steam Edition Trailer - DeutschYouTube
Space Colony: Steam Edition Tráiler - EspañolYouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Space Colony has the retro flavour of a well-made and judged remaster."
- Federico Chiesa, Eurogamer Italy
- "Space Colony: Steam Edition brings a classic game to the present with a great deal of polish."
- Aran Suddi, TheSixthAxis
- "A quirky and charming package that packs focus that previous sim games lack."
- Niko DelValle, Gaming Trend
- "Offers a fresh experience that blends proper city-building with managing the needs of your crew."
- Radu Haulica, Softpedia
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Space Colony Soundtrack
Available for free from soundcloud.com.
About Firefly Studios
Firefly Studios is an independent video game studio consisting of around 30 full and part-time staff, specialising in strategy games since 1999.
More information on Firefly Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Space Colony Credits
Founder and Lead Designer, Firefly Studios
Founder and Company President, Firefly Studios
Senior Producer, Firefly Studios