Firefly Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
User map for download (3 invasions) (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: User map for download (3 invasions)
Velo222 (User)
Short sword
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
User map for download (3 invasions) 2 Years, 10 Months ago  
I created a user map for downloading, just thought I'd share it.

Name of map: Onewayin
Map file name: Onewayinobjectives2.shmap
Download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L4QHC8DC
Installation: Download the map (wait the seconds and choose "regular download" ). Place Onewayinobjectives2.shmap file into Documents (or documents and settings) > Stronghold3 > Maps folder.
Size: XL

Information:
The map objectives consist of defeating three separate invasions. Invasion 1 is on day 25. Invasion 2 on about day 48. Invasion 3 on day 60. Wolves are running about as well.

Some pics of the map:

Direct link to image: http://i39.tinypic.com/j0l8bl.png

Pic2

Direct link: http://i42.tinypic.com/azc9wz.png

Feedback is welcome, and I hope it's playable for most people.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2011/11/13 00:47 By Velo222.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Rotten_cow_chucker (User)
Axe
graphgraph
Re:User map for download (3 invasions) 2 Years, 10 Months ago  
Velo222 wrote:
QUOTE:
I created a user map for downloading, just thought I'd share it.

Name of map: Onewayin
Map file name: Onewayinobjectives2.shmap
Download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L4QHC8DC
Installation: Download the map (wait the seconds and choose "regular download" ). Place Onewayinobjectives2.shmap file into Documents (or documents and settings) > Stronghold3 > Maps folder.
Size: XL

Information:
The map objectives consist of defeating three separate invasions. Invasion 1 is on day 25. Invasion 2 on about day 48. Invasion 3 on day 60. Wolves are running about as well.

Some pics of the map:

Direct link to image: http://i39.tinypic.com/j0l8bl.png

Pic2

Direct link: http://i42.tinypic.com/azc9wz.png

Feedback is welcome, and I hope it's playable for most people.

Nice map, very excited to give it a shot. How hard would it be to make something like this multiplayer? A team invasion defense map?

Thanks again!

henryhotspurs (User)
Axe
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: Phoenix, Arizona USA Birthdate: 1966-01-01
While not the prettiest map I have ever played, it was fun. I liked the large open spaces and the proximity of all the necessary elements to get an economy up and running. The scripted events were well placed and not too difficult so as to crush a casual player like myself.

Overall a good basic map with a lot of time to work on an economy and battle plan. Good Work!

(Note: I could not finish the map because the game started to lag terribly. I am sure this is not your fault and hopefully FF will fix more issues tomorrow)

Velo222 (User)
Short sword
graphgraph
Rotten_cow_chucker wrote:
QUOTE:

Nice map, very excited to give it a shot. How hard would it be to make something like this multiplayer? A team invasion defense map?

Thanks again!

Well, I don't think making it multiplayer would be too much work. But I'm not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean 2 human players (allied) vs. the invasions? That might be doable. I have not made a multiplayer map yet though, I've only done single player invasion maps so far.

henryhotspurs wrote:
QUOTE:

While not the prettiest map I have ever played, it was fun. I liked the large open spaces and the proximity of all the necessary elements to get an economy up and running. The scripted events were well placed and not too difficult so as to crush a casual player like myself.

Hey that is good to hear henryhotspurs, thanks for the feedback. That's too bad that it got really laggy for you though, I too have had some trouble finishing some maps because of crashes/lag. Sometimes it has to do with the number of trees in the map, which I tried to cut down on.

But it could also be FF's fault with the coding where people have lots of buildings/people on the map. In this case, I do think it's probably the game. Although, after this latest patch, I've been able to finish them to the victory stage.

Anyways, ya I hope FF can make the game more stable. Again thanks for the feedback guys, and thanks for playing the map. BTW I do have an "upgraded" version of the map now, where there are countdown timers to the invasions, as well as having to actually kill all of the computers soldiers in the keep as well in order to win. This version also has added scenery like a big waterfall, and more cliff textures, etc...

Last Edit: 2011/11/18 04:15 By Velo222.
Rotten_cow_chucker (User)
Axe
graphgraph
Yup, I mean allied vs invasions

Ric666 (User)
Short sword
graphgraph
2Humans vs AI invasions is not possible as far as I know.

I tested this one of my mates a while ago & the game just crashed when the invasions were mean't to happen.

This as early in the game though so you never know, that may have just been a bug. Could be worth another test though.

Only problem is, I think you can only setup invasion to attack one player, so you would have to setup 2 invasions, 1 for each player, if it's even possible.

Go to top Post Reply