Firefly Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Few changes! (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Few changes!
daitken92 (User)
Short sword
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Few changes! 2 Years, 9 Months ago  
Few simple things that need changing which will improve it massively!

Allow for spearmen to run on double click like you can do with archers! They only run if being sent to attack something.

Bring up trade panel when market is clicked!!! PLEASE!!! very annoying, and it actually says you can do it in the help section of the game.

This has been said a lot before, but Stair cases need to be placed parallel to the wall!

Range of sight larger when in the dark. Military mission 7 made me notice this. You could have spearmen stood a few meters from a catapult attacking the walls yet they or myself couldn't see it and took me some time to find it. Meaning no wall left!

More free build maps is a must!

Multiple invasions at once!

Brazier cost to much! Plus can't be placed on towers/gatehouse!

When placing buildings over long terrain such as the inn, the grass still shows through the floor. Not good!

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2012/02/10 20:54 By daitken92.

i5 2500 / 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz / GTX 560OC
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Grieswurst (User)
Pole Arm
graphgraph
Re:Few changes! 2 Years, 9 Months ago  
daitken92 wrote:
QUOTE:
Few simple things that need changing which will improve it massively!

:tick:Allow for spearmen to run on double click like you can do with archers! They only run if being sent to attack something.

:tick:Bring up trade panel when market is clicked!!! PLEASE!!! very annoying, and it actually says you can do it in the help section of the game.

:tick:This has been said a lot before, but Stair cases need to be placed parallel to the wall!

:tick:Range of sight larger when in the dark. Military mission 7 made me notice this. You could have spearmen stood a few meters from a catapult attacking the walls yet they or myself couldn't see it and took me some time to find it. Meaning no wall left! :(

:tick: More free build maps is a must!

:tick: Multiple invasions at once!

:tick: Brazier cost to much! Plus can't be placed on towers/gatehouse!

:tick: When placing buildings over long terrain such as the inn, the grass still shows through the floor. Not good!

i sign this but have to say something:

to the run option, shouldn't only be added for spearmen.. same for all units, i know they all have the run animation you see it in the invasion where the knights and swordsmen run sometimes.. so it must be possible or not? i mean it's a solution to make them walking on the same speed when you choose many different kind of troops but there still must be the run option for any troops !!

and to the braziers, they should can be placed on handcrafts, amory and barracks too.. same for the wooden treatments and burning logs !!

and two new things that are really annoying if you play a bit longer than an hour..

-let trees regrow on the same place until you build something over it.. and it shouldn't take too much time to regrow.. about 3 minutes would be enough i think

-let buildings you destroy give you money or ressources back !! this must be added.. it's really annoying if you just build a house wrong and delete it and have to wait another 2 minutes for new wood.. we should get 100% of the ressources back !!

Abaddon (User)
Knife
graphgraph
Grieswurst wrote:
QUOTE:

-let trees regrow on the same place until you build something over it.. and it shouldn't take too much time to regrow.. about 3 minutes would be enough i think

-let buildings you destroy give you money or ressources back !! this must be added.. it's really annoying if you just build a house wrong and delete it and have to wait another 2 minutes for new wood.. we should get 100% of the ressources back !!

Agreed completely on the first. What I liked about S1 and Crusader was that trees would grow back over time if you put your woodcutters on hold for a few game years. The only thing I didn't like was trees sprouting up just as I'm about to put down a tower or building.

I agree that deleted structures should refund some of their construction cost, just not 100%. That could lead to abuse in multiplayer. Think of part of the original cost as coming from the labor required for construction. You don't have a crew put up a house, and then after tearing it down because you don't like the location, demand that they hand back their paychecks. I think a 50% refund is most common in rts games, maybe 75% tops.

daitken92 (User)
Short sword
graphgraph
Another thing I'd love to see added but I don't think it will ever make the game is the option to make paths. The game looks so much better when you have dirt tracks weaving through your village and cobbled floor around the keep.

i5 2500 / 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz / GTX 560OC
Insurance Salesman (User)
Axe
graphgraph
On running... perhaps units could each have a stamina bar that goes down whenever they run somewhere, to make it more of a charging ability or something to make a tactical decision more quickly than usual rather than something that's used all the time? I will admit that having a unit function like running tied to attacking only seems a little bizarre, since enemies don't necessarily have to be present to want to move a unit somewhere faster than usual.

And if trees would regrow that would be AWESOME. I think it makes sense to reward players for being smart and rationing their wood, rather than encouraging them to just cut everything down as quickly as possible.

And paths, if they're ever implemented, should probably just automatically link between buildings to give them more of a sense of being a living, breathing community rather than a collection of mini-factories churning out goods for the Lord. But it's not really necessary, and I'd rather they get other stuff in first.

Last Edit: 2012/02/11 04:51 By Insurance Salesman.
MaKno (User)
Pole Arm
graphgraph
Would be interesting if paths would also automatically emerge where most of the peasants are walking.Meaning the routes from and to the stockpile for instance.

Last Edit: 2012/02/11 06:31 By MaKno.

Stronghold 3 Beta Test: Overview
http://postimage.org/image/ie0p76kth/
Abaddon (User)
Knife
graphgraph
I remember playing Age of Mythology and being surprised to see stone walkways forming between all of the buildings I erected. I just loved the eyecandy effect even though it was a simple terrain paint. That was way back in either '02 or '03, and ten years is a lot of time according to Moore's law. I wonder how hard it would be to implement something like that in S3. But yes, focus on missing units/features and functionality first.

Grieswurst (User)
Pole Arm
graphgraph
Abaddon wrote:
QUOTE:

I agree that deleted structures should refund some of their construction cost, just not 100%. That could lead to abuse in multiplayer. Think of part of the original cost as coming from the labor required for construction. You don't have a crew put up a house, and then after tearing it down because you don't like the location, demand that they hand back their paychecks. I think a 50% refund is most common in rts games, maybe 75% tops.

good arguement!

but i have to add something other:

i don't think that braziers cost to much, because it's a special thing that you shouldn't have to much on the castle.. don't know how to explain it, but in real history castles there weren't so much on the walls too so i think it should still cost 50 gold..

and another thing .. archers should only be able to light up pitch or watchtower if they are directly at braziers.. and crossbowers should be able to light them up too.

Asgaroth (User)
Spear
graphgraph
QUOTE:
i don't think that braziers cost to much

Well I think that they shouldn't cost at all gold.They should cost in material-they are basicly iron basquets(not literaly basquets,as don't know english that well so I can't express myself acurrately)with wood on fire in them,right ?

So I suggest that they cost 2-3 iron(for the basquet) and 5-8 wood(the wood that is burning in them).

QUOTE:
crossbowers should be able to light them up too

I agree on this.

QUOTE:
And if trees would regrow that would be AWESOME

Like they did in SHC,yes.Very realistic.

Go to top Post Reply