Firefly Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:What you Hope To See (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 5
TOPIC: Re:What you Hope To See
CrackleJackal (User)
Throw down the gauntlet! ㋡
Flail
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
My ideas and suggestions for Stronghold 3 2 Years, 10 Months ago  
  • 26.Auto-match bandwidth.
  •  
    Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2011/06/03 16:42 By CrackleJackal.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
    Arch3r (User)
    Club
    graphgraph
    Re:What you Hope To See 2 Years, 10 Months ago  
    I would like to see:

1) The humor in the AI speeches and art (loved how the rat actually looked like a rat, etc.).
    2) More modding tools than just maps. I hated it how the developers answered all questions related to modding with "Users can make maps, we love that users make nice maps." But that ain't modding in my opinion. Adding buildings, scripting AI opponents and adding troops would be more like it.
    3) More balanced units, in Stronghold the low-cost troops were not as cost effective against any enemy as they should have been. All troops should have an use or a troop to counter. I'd like to see Polearm users have bonus against cavalry (spearmen, pikemen, maybe lancer/light cavalry)
    4) I'd like to see ranged troops a bit less strong than in Stronghold 1/Crusader, or instead make all mêlée troops a bit faster/tougher.

CrackleJackal (User)
    Throw down the gauntlet! ㋡
    Flail
    graphgraph
    The ability to record gameplay like in Company of Heroes and Age of Empires 3,but with the option to upload "gameplay" to the internet.Also see #13 and #14 =

Last Edit: 2011/06/11 14:53 By CrackleJackal.

Dyxx (User)
    Scythe
    graphgraph
    There are so many thousands of things I would llike so there is no way to right it all down without forgetting one. Ill stick with the main ones.

1. I've heard a lot about boats, I think that they should be added as just a small raft to get units over rivers and moats and add another element in sieges.

2. Custom units and lords. I know that some people don't like custom units, but it would add to multiplayer difficulty and strategy. It should be optional, u can play a game with customized units or just on ur own.

3. When u conquer an enemies castle u should get all of the gold, resources, food, and if u choose their peasants. Instead of the castle crumbling to dust you should be able to choose. Destroy it, or keep it as a secondary castle. U could build in it and treat it as ur own castle. In a 10 player match having two or three castles would be fun and would feel like u are actually building an empire. It would also make unit placement very important because if two castles are under attack at the same time u won't be able to control units in both places at the same time.

4. Alliances and negoitations. U should be able to join forces with people and have many armies combined together without attacking each other. Something like letters should be added where u can send private messages to strategize.

5. I hate how you can just look over an enemy castle and see what's going on. u shoulcdn't be able to see the inside of the wallls unless u get a spy in. spies could add a lot to multiplayer. U could use them to see how many supplies, money, or food an enemy has or even read letters sent by other players like what I was talking about earlier.

That's all for now, hopefully this game comes out soon!

Dúnadan (User)
    Pointy Stick
    graphgraph
    1) Naval power; SH could have shipyard buildings where you had to own the estate they are located in to control the shipyard. The build-able vessels could include a transport boat, a ship filled with 10 or so archers and a ship with a catapult/ ballista on board.

This will probably never happen.

2) More troops. While the Original 7 are nice enough, I feel that having a couple of new troops would be great. Bring back the Boat Warriors, Horse Archers, Lancers, Assassins and possibly the Outlaw (with the ability to turn invisible near trees).

3) Unrestricted population. I believe that so long as you can keep the peasants happy and fed, you shouldn't have a limit to your population. Or maybe a higher cap than what exists.

Monsterfish (Moderator)
    graphgraph
    something i have been waiting for ages is custom buildings like towers like castelle y bere had
    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/84/240970047_d759bf5d68.jpg
    they could provide different protection and looks.

and why not create a costum profile for the player where he can choose different wall and towershapes he wants to use. this way playing online or offline would be much more individual and definitively more beautiful =)

Even if its not in the first release maybe it could patch later on or add it too a later title of the game(?)

well hope dies last

Atalistor 623 (User)
    Teh boy is mine, give him cake :D (SH:3)
    Knife
    graphgraph
    Birthdate: 1996-06-26
    If the team actually reads this what I hope to see is of course new troops. We need new troops because most of us true Stronghold fans need a little something something like pizazz in the upcoming Stronghold 3 Which is going to be Terrific by the way "baby girl" . If I see some new troops in Stronghold 3 I will Cry, Dance, and Sing waking up every morning feeling like P Diddy, Put my Apple Farms down about to Siege their City!

The fact that Estates will be Available is....Awesome.

You know how Medieval 2 Total war and all those Total war games have Flags on top of their units? Well Stronghold 3 should also have that too! Stronghold 3 needs that because it straight out looks G as in Gangsta!

I can't even believe these N00BS don't want Mic Chat! We need MIC CHAT!
    Add Mic Chat! come on I use steam and if you don't have MIC CHAT or ACHIEVEMENTS you're stuck in the 80's Baby Girl!

Also add some cool new Siege Equipment!

LARGER MAPS! Listen to me Babe! Castles weren't 2 feet away and shouldn't be 2 feet away when I played SH1 I Lawled all over the place! and so did Christopher walkins..2 feet away lawl...xD

Bigger Maps means longer time to get to the enemy which means some lame A** N**** is going to have to actually try to create units unless he wants to be served on cannoli to his mother.

Trust the Pro or should I say /B\ro? only true gamers will believe!

I had a dream that SH3 will rse with little black boys and little white girls!

Last Edit: 2011/06/21 19:21 By Atalistor 623.
    magnum7 (User)
    Pointy Stick
    graphgraph
    It would be nice if the siege of a castle would take much longer time. It realy ****es me off when i have built THAT amazing castle with tripple walls, and then the siege units just destroys them in 2 sec...
    And under a siege, your peasents are too scared to work, and are just hiding inside their homes or something

garfuso (User)
    Pointy Stick
    graphgraph
    I think you should be able to choose what color you want to represent your army/castle because i hate being red its my least favorite color. also i think we should be able to customize our king, like we can choose whether he get a shield and sword or an axe or if he wears a helmet or not i think little changes like that would be awesome. i would feel more in touch with my kingdom if we could have those changes to have

chatyak (User)
    Spear
    graphgraph
    Re:What you Hope To See 2 Years, 9 Months ago  
    Is anyone able to confirm whether archers can destroy walls? Would be a big let down if arrows can break down walls...

Go to top Post Reply