Looking to break into games? Join us at Firefly!
An exciting developer of PC and mobile titles, Firefly Studios is the proudly independent creator of Stronghold. Played in more than 100 countries worldwide, the series has a dedicated international community of fans.
We are now looking for an energetic and creative soul with a passion for digital content, to help us grow our online audience.
Reporting directly to the Marketing Manager your primary responsibilities will include helping create and distribute unique video content such as interviews and dev diaries, but also developing and managing relationships with key influencers from journalists to YouTubers and streamers. You will have ideas for regular and one-off videos, understand what both traditional gamers and the wider YouTube audience are going to watch and get involved in other areas of PR and marketing.
We are looking for an entry level, skilled candidate to intern at our London office as a video marketer for two months, with the possibility of a more permanent contract to follow.
- Secure new contacts in YouTube influencer communities;
- Video and asset creation: concept, plan, create and deliver;
- Researching and acting on opportunities for video content;
- Attend events when required to showcase our games;
- Distribute press releases, follow up with contacts and create coverage reports;
- Monitor, analyse and report development of social media KPIs to the Marketing Manager;
- Foster positive customer relations through online activity on social media and other external communities (e.g. Reddit, YouTube, Twitch);
- Delivering on a consistent schedule of video content;
- The ability to work quickly and consistently, while staying on task;
- Experience creating and curating video or other social media content;
- Strong interpersonal and English language skills;
- Good organisational skills and a professional manner;
- Experience with image editing software (e.g. Photoshop, GIMP) and video editing (e.g. Premier, Vegas) a plus;
- Experience with scripting, editing, production and presenting a plus
- Knowledge of video games (please include any PSN/XBL/Steam accounts that reflect this!);
- Internship – £500 per month
How to Apply
Your contact for this job offer is our Marketing Manager, Nick Tannahill. To apply please email Nick (nick (at) fireflyworlds.com) with the following:
- Covering letter
- Bonus: A short (approx. 3 minute) video that you think would work for our channel
- Any social media links reflect your online presence (e.g. YouTube channel, Twitch profile or Twitter account)
We look forward to receiving your application, as well as your earliest possible starting date! If you have questions regarding the role please include these when you apply via email.